Wednesday, October 17, 2007

ENCOURAGE YOURSELF

Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test. And no matter how you feel, speak the word and you will be healed; speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord.
Sometimes you have to speak the word over yourself, the pressure is all around, but God is present help. The enemy created walls, but remember giants, they do fall; speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord.
As I minister to you, I minister to myself, life can hurt you so, 'til you feel there's nothing left. (No matter how you feel), (speak the word and you will be healed). Vamp 1: Speak over yourself. Vamp 2: I'm encouraged. I'm encouraged. I'm encouraged. I'm encouraged. Vamp 3: I'm encouraged, I'm encouraged, I'm encouraged, I'm encouraged. Vamp 2 Vamp 3 Vamp 2 Ending: (Speak over yourself), (encourage yourself in the Lord).


I think the lyrics mean you need to be the one to speak postive about yourself. You need to be your own cheerleader and think good thought about yourself. And what every life journey tosses at you that the word from the Lord is there to encourage you. Believe in yourself.

2 comments:

Adam Nathanson said...

Felecia,
Wow, that's a powerful and inspirational selection. Of course I like in part because I feel it's similar to the theme of the song I picked too! Watch out for small grammar oversights like writing "toss" instead of "tosses."

The next step I'm asking the class to do is support the theme of the chosen song with an observation from life, using specific examples.

Adam Nathanson said...

Felecia,

Thanks for sticking it out during technical difficulties or when the class becomes hectic. One way that learners have been adding an example on the theme from the song lyrics has been to specifically relate the theme to a movie they've seen. If You Really Want to Know from the blogroll has a great example of this. Take a look at it. Could you do that too?

See you tonight!
Adam